Friday, April 24, 2009

Stylist Book

My the book was heavy but good thing Ace wabs me so much to hand carry it from San Francisco to Bangkok to Manila to Koh Samui to PhiPhi Islands back to Bangkok and here in Siem Reap. I'm over the moon! Loves, loves, loves it! Please bear with me from all these gift postings. I'm just so thankful to all my generous friends. Gosh, I wish I'm as thoughtful, wehehehe!

Anyhoot, let me tell you about the book. I've been wanting to get it for the longest time. I don't know if Ace was a mind reader or what?! Chos!

The author of the book is Sarah Mower, possibly my most fave fashion writer ever. She chronicled the most influential stylists and featured some of their amazing works. One of them is possibly one of my fave fashion stylist ever, Melanie Ward. She of the Helmut Lang (formerly chief stylist of the original Mr. Lang) and Harper's Bazaar edginess (Senior Fashion Editor). And you know, moi, I love anything HL.

Melanie's styling for HL ads.

An editorial of hers for i-D magazine.

The book also features Joe Zee (Elle US), Grace Coddington (Vogue US), Camilla Nickerson (W) and many more. The book is very interesting and it inspired me for the styling of our fall/winter 09 collection.

2 comments:

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

I got a copy of this from National Bookstore, Shangri-La Mall. It really is amazing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.