Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chatuchak (JJ) Thrifting in Bangkok

There's one large section in JJ devoted to selling all sorts of secondhand stuff. The latest craze were these vintage military uniforms. It's all sorted out like one stall sells white buttondown shirt only; another one sells plaid pieces only, and the craziest is this stall with everyone dumpster diving over American printed tees like Beefeaters, Hanes and Fruit of the Loom. I mean...! Definitely not my scene. Lol!

There's an entire big section of just bags. All kinds of bags.

Branded, pre-selected ones get special stalls like these. Say hello to Gucci, Prada, Chanel, etc. Chanel seems to be the brand du jour of the moment. I was looking for Helmut Lang but wasn't really lucky in finding one.

This non-branded sling bag caught my eye. I think it's cool with the leather trims and vintage feel to it. Didn't buy though because I'm aiming for something more cooler.

Lots of REAL Vivienne Westwood. Pink Longchamp Le Pliage, anyone? They know the brand and the prices reflects that. This VW one goes for 1800Baht.

This piece is nice. Partially you can see a Dior logo bag above it.

The quality of the pieces were almost brand new. A medium size VW goes for 12,000Baht if new so getting it a little less the quarter of the prize is still a bargain if you're really hankering for one. I was lucky to nab a VW in Manila for a sweet price from this swell gal (you know who you are!) so I wasn't to excited about having another one, yet.

Shoes galore!

This Red or Dead sneakers looks cute (lace!) but it didn't fit, moi.

I didn't explore the whole ukay section of JJ. Maybe next time when I come back and with a little less baggage (I was overweight from Manila already) I'd explore more of it intently. It's worth checking out.

No comments: