Saturday, March 20, 2010

Keok Jay

You can now buy Don Protasio pieces in Phnom Penh. I'm really happy about this and it took me a long time to organize this. You know little 'ol procrastinating me. ;)

My friend Rachel of Keok Jay invited me to stock my line in her store there at Street 240. Keok Jay is a socially conscious enterprise that employs women with HIV. They sell fair trade and environment friendly products. Learn more about them here.

For my line there I decided to do my 'reworked' pieces using the materials of dress linings from vintage clothing. It's part of my 'Lazarus Project'. I had it silk screened with my signature 'Bird' print to add some graphic flair to it. Here's some sample:

I really just wanted an easy shape for my first line there.

I wanted ease and comfort like wearing a tee. It's like CDG PLAY, the concept is not having a concept at all.

It was fun putting the pieces together and making the colors complimentary. It's also one-of-a-kind because the material is unique for that dress alone and the print is hand screened.

What do you think?

4 comments:

toxic disco boy said...

congrats don! manila store next? hehehe.

fuchsiaboy said...

in God's time ;)

Anonymous said...

Cheers DP! were so happy for u! congrats! :))

fuchsiaboy said...

thank you! ;)