Saturday, January 08, 2011

Busy Is Good

It's always crazy before the holidays, during it and after the whole shebang happens. This is not another sorry excuse for my non-posts to my three (wait, is it two?) loyal readers. Rather, it's one of those once-in-a-blue-moon rant I come up with just so I can say I updated this blog. No picture overload for this one. I just remembered I started this blog January 2006 and I'm quite surprised I'm still at it after all these years. It's sorta a belated happy birthday, non?

Today I went thrifting with my friend Rathana at Phsar Krolayn market. It's this market here in Siem Reap where it's mostly locals who go there. I like thrifting there because I always find really good designer clothing. Last time I thrifted I found a black Issey Miyake pleated top to go with my thrifted black Issey Miyake pleated pants. The top cost me 300 riels which is like 5 cents. I also found a paper-like Robert Carey Williams button down top at the same price. That's why I'm addicted. Okay, even before coming here in Siem Reap I'm already addicted to thrifting. Anyway, today I was blessed with a wonderful Martin Margiela white cotton tee. It looks like terry cloth material but a bit lighter. I also found several more pieces from Miu Miu, Beams and Vivienne Tam. The damage for my retail therapy is $1.00.

Over the holidays I was at Pattaya in Thailand. A friend of ours at church invited us to visit them. I really had a great time although I didn't touch the pool nor the famed beach of the place. It was more like malling, movie watching and McDonalds for me and my friends. I know, totally so lame but then it's the price you pay for living in Siem Reap. No big malls, cinema or McDonalds. I gorged myself with a lot of Filet-O-Fish and Mcdo french fries until it's coming out of my nostrils. We did eat a lot of Thai food, too, especially somtam, a spicy papaya salad, and sticky rice with mango. Our suki taxi driver, Mr. Tee, drove us to this special place where they sell sticky rice that's colored yellow, pink, lavender and brown. He said that the restaurant is famous in Thailand for winning the best sticky rice with mango in the whole country. The colors are done naturally through the use of certain flowers, herbs and organic food dye. It was indeed very delicious and beautiful to look.

I'm loving all thing gray marl jersey nowadays. It started last season when I got all these gray jersey pieces from Frapbois, Seven Heaven, Norman Noriega, Bo Parcon, etc. Next thing I know my closet started looking gray instead of black. In Pattaya I got a perfect Converse low cut in gray jersey! Yay! So happy. Also, the BLESS x Longchamp bag I got arrived and it's sorta colored greige. So everything is gray for me. Too bad I wasn't able to get anything from Cecile's second Heather Miss Grey collection for Bleach Catastrophe. A piece from there would be perfect for all these gray obsession I'm having. Oh, and the most amazing discovery, albeit too late, that I discovered when I was googling Longchamp. They collaborated with Gap and Colette and came up with a Le Pliage in gray marl jersey! Waaaaahhhhhhhh! Totally my kind of bag! I already bugged my friend Daniel if they still have it in some hidden archives somewhere.

Oh, the busy part. Yeah, I've started production for DP spring/summer 2011. That's juggling the demands of the shop inventory, too. And there might be another Poetry, more edgy and art oriented in terms of vision, that might crop up soon. I'm dreaming of a stand alone DP shop though, just a very small one and we shall see if it happens this year.

So basically it's thrifting, sewing, designing and boring stuff for me all these past weeks. That's the lame rant I can muster here.

Happy new year!

2 comments:

michiepie said...

are you talking about this bag? http://theshophound.typepad.com/the_shophound/images/2008/09/03/colettexgaplongchamp.gif coz if you are... im obsesssing about it too!!!! blog, when you found out where i can get it, as some of your readers would appreciate it too =) happy 1-11-11 Don =)

fuchsiaboy said...

yes michiepie, that is the bag i'm obsessing about!

i will of course blog about it when i get it. i have a feeling it will be soon! ;)