Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Phnom Penh Thrifting

I was in Phnom Penh recently and as expected I went thrifting. It's something you would totally expect from me, right? There wasn't much that I got this time but I still found some really interesting pieces to add to my collection.

My best find is this Y's by Yohji Yamamoto jacket.

At 50cents it's such a really, really good bargain, right? I'm so happy to find this.

This Nicole for Men top has a very interesting texture.

I love the distressed fabric and the web-y nature of it.

There's something genius about Margaret Howell and how I'm attracted to her quiet sense of grace and approach to design. I've got a few of her jackets, shirts and cardigan and it's just a staple go-to for me when I'm feeling like I need to be polished and grown-up without looking like my grandfather. Her style is classic but still feel young and timeless.

This jacket is giving off a very Ann Demeulemeester vibe with the color and frayed details so I picked it up.

H. Naoto is known for his gothic lolita chic street style. This bondage inspired sweater is good enough example from this designer to pass.

I also found some Zucca jackets and top but it was too expensive and plain for my taste so I let it go. I'm going back to Phnom Penh again and probably that time I'll find a more substantial amount of pieces to collect. I wish I find more Yohji Yamamoto and Comme des Garcons for my collection.

2 comments:

Jenkz said...

Hello Don! It's interesting to read your thrift stories- pls tell me, where in Phnom Penh do you get your ukay finds? Am heading there soon, it would be nice to know some good places to spot good thrift finds. Thank you Don!

-Jenkz :)

fuchsiaboy said...

visit japan thrift shop and sakura for stuff from japan obviously. then oreusay market also. :)