Monday, September 26, 2011

Bags, Wallets and Pouches

I think I've mellowed quite a bit when it comes to my thrifting although my friends would argue that. I do manage to gather quite a number of stuff and more than half of it I don't even use. I end up selling it, giving it to friends or mostly I keep it for design reference. Early this year I managed to edit my clothing archive, not a huge number really, but still a handful. I also slashed my regular clothing pieces, shoes and accessories. I've also sold some of my bags to friends though it's quite difficult for me to do that. So there is effort on my part to tone down. It's quite funny though to be talking about that since I'm about to share with you some thrifted stuff I got recently. Oh, well, I guess there's no cure for me.

I first got wind of this brand from Make It Easy when he blogged about it. Tsumori is not the Paris based Japanese designer, Tsumori Chisato, but sort of a Muji-esque market site. Sort of... ummm, if you've seen Koreanovelas, you're probably familiar with how e-retailing has been huge in Korea. They have e-malls where virtual shops sell all sorts of stuff. I think Tsumori is like that. I like the tote I found from them especially the printed graphics on it.

I also like this very Muji-esque canvas tote bag with no print or label. Very Margielic, too. What I love about it is the thick canvas fabric which makes the whole thing sturdy. I hate those flimsy basic totes that can't hold a shape.

Some assorted stuff: leather Arnold Palmer pouch, Le Sportsac printed beltbag and 3 small pouches. So kawaii, don't you think?

There's something ugly cool about this rag bag that I just need to buy it. It reminds me so much of Dover Street Market where they sold all these artisanal bags from different places like Thailand, Africa and China. They also have a section there called World Archive, and it would fit in there naturally. From the very start, Poetry (my shop) was inspired by DSM and its modern souk inspired concept. So when I see stuff that I find interesting I buy it and sell it there.

No comments: