Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stripes



I can't remember when I started loving unusual patterns and drapes in clothing. Back in college it was minimalism that really caught my fancy so it's probably when I started discovering my style in designing when I really appreciated the construction of a garment.

Nowadays, it's really normal to see complex patterns in clothing being sold in your regular clothing stores and malls. Back in the day when I was growing up you will be hard pressed to find anything that is unconventional or not preppy, unless you go to Hong Kong or Japan. There must have been a few stores in Manila selling edgy clothing designs but in Iloilo there was nothing at all. Thanks to thrift shops you can also find a lot of interesting looking clothing that goes beyond the normal cuts.

When reduced what I'm wearing here are basically a layered tank and shirt paired with pants. But this stripe top from Bo Parcon has unusual seaming with asymmetrical drapes on the sides. The front is also longer than the back. Underneath I wore a 2xist tank for contrast. My pants is plus minus multiply divide, a very unusual style that seems to marry a skirt and pants in one pattern. I tried looking for a website for this Hong Kong brand but I couldn't find any. This label has always been fun to wear because they make really interesting patterns using very comfortable fabrics like cotton jersey. My bag is Ann Demeulemeester that I got from the thrift shop and my shoes is DM's.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hi, I'm not 100% sure but I think that is a "sub-brand" of Two Percent Homme...I remember browsing their site before and seeing that +-X÷ tag in the site...tried to double check them now but the site is down/Google won't let me open it--has malware alert, lols. ^^

fuchsiaboy said...

Thanks Ann for the info. I will check it and see what I can find out ;)