Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cocktails Ala Amansara

I've already missed many Amansara events because I was either out of the country or it coincides with a previous event I've scheduled way ahead. Of course, I always feel sad not coming because the Amansara family sure knows how to treat their guests to a party that simply exudes elegance but totally fun and laid back. It's like coming to a friend's party but more chic. Well, luckily just before Christmas, I received an invitation for an intimate cocktail party from Amansara. This time around there was no way I'm gonna miss it so I sent my confirmation asap and started thinking of what to wear.

Our meeting point was at Amansara and we were transported to the venue either by a vintage Mercedes used by Jackie Kennedy Onassis or black army jeeps. Guess which one I choose? We were handed mini bottles of champagne to sip while on the way to the secret venue.

More champagne upon arrival. It was overflowing! And the yummiest nibbles to go with it.

Me with Sally, the general manager of Amansara.

Faith, Becks and Berenice were my buddies that night. They only invited around 15 people for the party.

It was in the village called Phsar Srang (or soemthing like that) and Amansara has this Khmer style old house there. No electricity so only torches, which made the whole place really atmospheric.

I was wearing my gold DM's x Raf Simons shoes. It's always a conversation piece.

Apres, Becks and I had a light dinner at Il Forno. We initially wanted to try Tangram, a new restaurant, but we couldn't find it.

I ordered a Caprese because I was already full from the food at the Amansara cocktail. It was nice catching up with Becks whom I haven't seen for a long time. I've been seriously living a hermetic life whenever I'm in Siem Reap so I often don't see a lot of my SR friends.

I ended up wearing a Rick Owen-ish jacket my friend Daniel gave me, a Whereabouts tank top, Uniqlo jeans, DM's x Raf Simons shoes and Y'saacs bag.

No comments: