Sunday, July 29, 2012

Marichel and Ted

Iloilo has a wealth of cuisine and food tradition. Lucky for me (or a curse if I'm dieting) I have lots of chef and foodie friends. This bottled uga nga isda (dried anchovies) in olive oil is love. My friend Marichel made it.

She and Ted visited me here in Siem Reap and she is one of those foodie friends who is an expert. I must say Ted is also one, too. I experienced dining in their home and also in Ted's family house where a regular meal consist of 10 to 15 different kinds of dishes, all heirloom dishes of Ilonggo origin. Dishes like kadyos, baboy kag langka, manok sa ubad sang saging, pinamalhan, laswa, binakol, tinuom, etc.

Of course, I brought them around town to check out the many restaurants. They love Moloppor and Sugar Palm, especially the Amok.

One night we had dinner at Il Forno. Too bad there wasn't any bottarga that night.

We also tried Shabu House and Ted loved it there!

It was so nice catching up with them.

No comments: