Friday, December 21, 2012

Timeless Elegance

                 

 
 
I sometimes long for rigidity and formality in my style of dressing. I think there is something interesting about fluidity mixed with something sharp and tailored. My designs are almost always fluid, drape-y and loose so I try to tone it down by mixing a tailored jacket or vest. Here the folds of my s/s 2013 pants play nicely with the angular shape of my Yohji Yamamoto jacket. Because of the fit it feels like the jacket is armorial, holding you together, keeping your shape intact. It lends a certain dignity and seriousness to your aura. As what Yohji believes, 'Fashion sighs after trends. I want timeless elegance.'

top - Margiela AIDS tee + Y's Yohji Yamamoto jacket, bottom - DP s/s 2013 pants, shoes - Kenzo

No comments: